San Diego Tankless Water Heater Installation, Repair & Maintenance Services
If you’ve ever considered a tankless water heater for your own home, let our San Diego tankless water heater installation & repair team walk you through your choices. Our team has been working with tankless water heaters since they entered the American market, and we’re confident that you won’t find a more experienced team to handle yours.
What are the Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater?
For many homeowners, tankless water heaters have proven to be more energy efficient and the better overall choice over conventional storage tank water heaters. While the initial cost of a tankless water heater may be higher than that of a conventional storage tank water heater, the savings over the life of the units are almost incomparable. Tankless is the last water heater you will ever have to buy.
This thought process is similar to that of fluorescent vs. incandescent light bulbs. While fluorescent light bulbs cost significantly more than their incandescent counterparts, fluorescent light bulbs actually last longer and utilize less energy, resulting in long-term savings. The same is basically true for tankless water heaters vs. conventional storage tank water heaters. The benefits of a tankless water heater include:
- On-demand hot water when you need it
- Hot water does not run out – it can keep running for as long as you want
- Lower maintenance costs
- A lifespan of 20-25 years, versus 10-15 years for a conventional heater
- A smaller form factor means you can reclaim storage space
- It doesn’t waste energy while you’re away on vacation
What are the Drawbacks of a Tankless Water Heater?
As great as tankless water heaters are, they’re not for everyone. Here are the biggest drawbacks:
- Initial installation costs. The equipment can cost 2x, if not 4x, as much as a comparable standard water heater.
- Your water is heated when you need it – even if that’s during peak energy cost hours
- Hot water is not instant. It still takes just as long for your hot water to get through the pipes to your faucet, shower, or appliance.
- Bandwidth. If two or three people take showers simultaneously, none of them will be very hot.
We Can Help You Choose if a Tankless Water Heater is Right For You
Our team knows what homeowners expect to get out of their water heaters, and can help you determine if one is right for your needs. If you do decide to go tankless, our team can help you pick the right model and configuration to match your budget and lifestyle. Depending on the hot water usage demands of your home, there are two basic types of tankless hot water heaters to choose from:
- Point of use tankless hot water heaters
- Whole house tankless hot water heaters
In addition to these two basic types, there are also several different options for powering your tankless water heater, including:
- Gas Tankless Water Heaters
- Electric Fired Tankless Water Heaters
- Outdoor Tankless Water Heaters
- Indoor Tankless Water Heaters
- Propane Tankless Water Heaters
Since tankless water heaters can have different utility needs than tanked water heaters, we strongly suggest to let a plumber help you determine those costs for your own home.
We Can Repair or Maintain Virtually Any Brand of Tankless Water Heater
While we have our own preferred brands for new installations, our team is able to maintain or repair virtually any brand of tankless water heater that can be found in the San Diego area, including
- AO Smith
- And more
Call us Today for you San Diego Tankless Water Heater Installation & Repair Needs!
If you think it’s time to consider a tankless water heater for your own home, or if you need a hand with maintaining your current unit, you won’t find a more experienced team anywhere in the San Diego area. Call us today to speak with one of our friendly phone reps, or to get a plumber on site who you can meet with face-to-face. No matter your needs, we’re happy to help. If you live in El Cajon or La Mesa read more here about our tankless water heater installation services.